HOW TO GET A SEAT DURING #NYFW


So it's Fashion Week and you got standing tickets................

You should be appreciative you selfish monster. Okay, let's be real "standing seats" are great because you get to see a collection before anyone else *hairflip* BUT if we're being really real, sitting is so much fucking cooler and way less stressful.

As a music lover and someone who doesn't really pay attention to fashion, although others might think differently (I'm comparing myself to true fashion bitches who sleep, eat and breathe design) I do enjoy shows. I appreciate and respect every aspect annnnd I also feel judged for not owning a Alexander Wang bag (not that I wouldn't absolutely love one, give me all the pieces you want plz) or whatever people are wearing these days.

My  point is - I'm a lucky attendee of every season because of my oh-so-fashionable sister. Because of this I have perfected the art of "standing" at a show.


Here are my pointers:

***Also, these might be obvious or offensive tips in which case you should probably completely ignore this or let me know that I'm a scrub and don't actually know what I'm talking about.


The designs are beautiful on their own but if you want them to be more beautiful...alcohol. Also, it eases the pain of being around the snobs and fashions moms (they exist, I promise).


Arrive 15* minutes after six or whatever time the invitation says. If you want to get a fill in seat, which usually includes free shit HYFR!!!, get to the show a little later that way when you can squeeze in the front of the "line" and you don't have to stand for 10 minutes (OMG 10 MINUTES) of the production. 

*more or less depending on the designers style. For example, I would never be late to a *INSERT DESIGNER WHO PEOPLE RESPECT TOO MUCH TO EVEN RISK BEING LATE HERE"


My sister is always seated and the first thing I do when I get to a show is text her saying "holla at me if the seat next to you doesn't show up". Majority of the time you'll even get to sit closer to front row that the  person who got you there in the first place.







So what makes me qualified to give you these pointers? I've been to quite a few shows. Let me know below if this is helpful/absolutely ridiculous. I love you. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

Please do not use my photos without permission. I do not own all of these pictures. If you want a picture taken down, just ask and takeiteaaasy.