LISTEN TO ME: YEARS & YEARS

Years & Years. My best friend/#twerkteam partner, Saara told me about this band a while ago and I brushed it off not really thinking anything of it (SORRY GIRL). She sent them to me again, and again, kept pushing and pushing for me to listen to them. I finally gave them a shot (even though she played them for me without me knowing it was them and I was all "OMG WHO IS THIS?") and instantly I fell in love. Or at least I think it's love? Love for music of course, but love nonetheless.


 The best part - while doing a Google search of the band I clicked on their Wiki and saw that the lead singers name is Olly Alexander -  immediately it rang a bell. I clicked on his name and saw he was an actor. It can't be. Instantly I remembered I totally had a huge crush on him back in 2010 when he was featured as one of Nylon Magazine's "Young Hollywood" actors. Whoa nostalgia, hellllo five years ago.

So why should you listen to this band? Years & Years are a dance pop trio that makes you want to two-step with yours arms high up in the air whilst shouting the their lyrics to the ceiling (only me?). That two-step quickly turns into jumping followed by feeling like you're on an episode of Skins (no, that reference was not intentional) If that's not enough, they recently won the BBC Music Sound of 2015 poll (previous winners include Sam Smith, Jessie J, etc.). Lead singer Olly, has a very specific, shaky voice that goes perfectly with the synths making their sound as a whole feel very nineties. I'm no music expert but these guys really have something. 



Be sure to keep an eye out for their debut EP being released via digital download and digital streaming services February 3rd! 

Check out Years & Years asap rocky. 


*SIDE NOTE* Unfortunately (?) I'll be in Nashville but you should go try and catch a glimpse of the boys (because it's sold out) at Rough Trade, January 27th.



No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

Please do not use my photos without permission. I do not own all of these pictures. If you want a picture taken down, just ask and takeiteaaasy.