LISTEN TO ME : COLONY HOUSE EDITION


I'm always willing to spread the love when it comes to sharing music. So sappy, ugh.

That's a terrible sentence to start off with when writing about how amazing Colony House is, nevertheless, they are a band you should really be getting into. The Lone Bellow's label mates (another band you should definitely check out if you haven't already) is a three piece indie rock band from Nashville, TN (y'all know I love my bands from Nashville), who bask in all these emotions...but in a fun, uplifting way. What I'm trying to say is although there music has all this depth, each track plays with such light heartedness.

A month or two back I had the pleasure of seeing them at Rockwood Music Hall so I can tell you first hand that they sound just as amazing live as they do in the studio. My favorite track off the album is definitely "Roll With the Punches" that has this strange MGMT vibe but less try-hard and more laid back. I have very high expectations for this band that I truly believe will be met. Colony House will stick around. Good luck, boys.

FOR YOU: Unfortunately (?) I'll be in Aruba getting way too tan for my own good but if you're in the New York area, definitely go catch them at Pianos on August 11th.
When I Was Younger is now available on iTunes/Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

Please do not use my photos without permission. I do not own all of these pictures. If you want a picture taken down, just ask and takeiteaaasy.