I'D WHISTLE AT YA: BASIC-ASS-JOB-HATIN MARCO


1) Who are you?  Marco Hernandez, 22

2) Professional badass or what (aka tell us wtf you do for a living)? I was a professional badass until I realized it doesn't pay. I shoot photos but have to be basic as hell and have a job that I hate to support myself.

3) My musical guilty pleasures are: 1. The Smiths 2. Charli XCX

4) How do you feel about cat-calling? I don't really have a problem with it, but it's just funny to see men do it and expect to actually attract a girl by catcalling. A couple of my friends do it and I just throw a water bottle at them cause they are being hella thirsty.

5) Dream gig? Being able to do a shoot with Kate Moss, and being able to have a career shooting skateboarding for Thrasher Magazine.

6) Define hustle: Waking up early in the morning and making a plan on how to get some cash. I use to do it a lot, selling prints of my work, selling zines, hitting up companies for gigs. This is New York, it's either you hustle or you become homeless.

7) Favorite thing on the Internet?
World Star Hip Hop

8) What's something you think people should talk more (and/or less) about?


                                                       More About:                                                     Less About:
                                        -Living life outside the internet                       - Living in NYC on a trust fun
                                           -Ending police brutality                                           -Your internship
                                             -Helping someone                                                -Your instagram
                                                                                                                             -Your fashion blog  

 

9) Does Staten Island suck as much as people say it does? it wouldn't suck as much if there were things for people to do other than eat or go to a mall. I wouldn't say Staten Island sucks as a whole because there are certain areas that are getting better, but I feel like eventually the entire Bay Street area will be the next cool thing like Williamsburg or something. I rarely spend any time here just because it gets boring doing the same thing all the time. If it were more focused building things that would benefit a community rather focusing on building a Ferris wheel with a large shopping plaza or a large indoor running track field I'm pretty sure half the kids here wouldn't be popping pills or be heavy drinkers at such a young age.

10) Coolest thing that ever happened to you in one sentence:
Picking up a camera and running.

11) Where can we find you?
Tompkins Sq Park talking shit and skating around with homies.


MARCOS INSTAGRAM / WEBSITE
*All photos by Marco Hernandez





No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

Please do not use my photos without permission. I do not own all of these pictures. If you want a picture taken down, just ask and takeiteaaasy.