POP SONGS THAT DONT HIT YOU UNTIL YOU'RE GOING THROUGH A BREAKUP

http://kopapo.ru/zabavnie-zhivotnie/5689
So if you haven't guessed it by now -SURPRISE! I'm going through a breakup. It's been very...difficult to say the least. I'm still very much so in love and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to get over it quickly. I'll be okay. Although I think some things are meant to stay private, and I wish this was one of those things BUT it's life and it's what I'm going through. I don't want to pretend like I'm not sad. I think a "break" from social media would be the smart thing to do but then how the fuck would I find out about all the surprise releases (Kanye, I'm looking at you) and all that good stuff.

Obviously you often hear songs about being heartbroken and sad and blah blah blah blah blah mopey dopey. You know you're supposed to feel "a certain way" when you listen to these lyrics, and melodies. It wasn't until my recent heartbreak that these songs actually meant something to me. Call it lame, call it whatever you want, these songs help, I swear. It's actually kind of silly to admit out loud, but I promise, they spoke to me!

Definitely an interesting choice of songs that I would have never thought I'd be bawling to, mostly because they're pop songs. Well I mean, I've been crying to everything but I never listened to these songs and been like, "damn". I guess they've always just sort of been there, in existence but not effecting the way I feel. My "sad-possible-breakup" songs have always been music by The Cure and like, Noah and The Whale (and Beck's "Sea Change" - omg that album made me die).

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites pop songs that I surprisingly felt really connected after my heart was broken :/ WAAH

1. "Stuck" by Stacie Orrico
Favorite Lyric: "Every now and then, When I'm all alone, I be wishing you would call me on the telephone, Say you want me back, But you never do, I feel like such a fool, There's nothing I can do..I'm such a fool - For you"


2. "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
Favorite Lyric: "Don't you ever say I just walked away, I will always want you"



3. "Invisible" by Ashlee Simpson (not a break up song? But made me feel many feels)
Favorite Lyric: "Go ahead, Walk on by, You don't know I'm alive, Maybe one day you'll find
You should open your eyes, You don't know me"



4. "FU" by Miley Cyrus ft. French Montana (Miley killin it with that Liam breakup)
Favorite Lyric: "Oh you broke my heart, I told you I was weak for love"


5. "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie
Favorite Lyric: "And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket, But I've got to get a move on with my life"


6. "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera
Favorite Lyric: "There's nothing I wouldn't do, To hear your voice again. Sometimes I wanna call you but I know you won't be there"


7. "The One That Got Away" by Katy Perry
Favorite Lyric:I was June and you were my Johnny Cash, Never one without the other, we made a pact, Sometimes when I miss you I put those records on"


8. "Breakin' Up" by Rilo Kiley
Favorite Lyric: "Here's to all the pretty words, We will never speak. Here's to all the pretty girls, You're gonna meet" UGHHHHHHHH


9. "Miss You" by Aaliyah
Favorite Lyric: "Now you're gone and I'm lost without you here now, But I know I gotta live and make it somehow"


10. "Trash" by Demi Lovato
Favorite Lyric: "So how long has this been going on? And one more thing to tell me, Was she the reason, You stomped on my heart, And moved on so quickly"


11. "Leave (Get Out)" by JoJo
Favorite Lyric: "And tell me how we're gonna be together always, Hope you know that when it's late at night, I Hold on to my pillow tight, And think of how you promised me forever"


14. "Mannequin" by Katy Perry
Favorite Lyric: "Usually the queen of figuring out, Breaking down a man is no work out, But I have no clue, How to get through to you"


15. "It's You" by Ryan Cabrera
Favorite Lyric: "Another night goes by without sleeping, 'Cause I know I won't wake up next to you"



*NOTE* Obviously these songs mean different things to different people but these are the songs that sounded different to me after knowing how it feels to "lose someone".

Let me know if there's any pop songs that sounded different to you after hearbreak or being sad or maybe even after something really awesome happened and made you happy. DON'T SAY TAYLOR SWIFT. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.



No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

Please do not use my photos without permission. I do not own all of these pictures. If you want a picture taken down, just ask and takeiteaaasy.